These unprecedented times have us all in some state or other of emotional turmoil, everyone around me has lost someone or had friends, family and loved ones have their worlds up rooted, positive words can help and talking and taking on the strains now of 2020 together will see us head into 2021 being able to manage the Covid19 situation so we can get on with our lives and work with the boundaries around us without the imposition of being locked out of society.
As you all know we stock essential oils and crystals in our Shop at MOOand BOOM and our knowledge has increased day by day with all you wonderful customers sharing your experiences with us on how you use the essential oils and the crystals to help heal you on a day to day basis. I thought it would be a good time to share our thoughts on what we know about what we stock so it can help you guys going forward and we can all benefit however small from sharing our experiences.
Used for thousands of years for healing purposes they can heal our mental health, physical and emotional bodies as well as reaching us on a spiritual level. The Oils themselves have a higher degree of healing than the plant itself, the concentrated oil which is extracted from the roots, stems, bark, flowers and tree resins and plants has the ability to combat various aliments without the worry of building up a synthetic residue which in time makes the common anti-biotic immune. Natural remedies can have huge benefits towards common issues like Colds, Digestion and Immunities.
Ways to use the oils aromatically would be to Smell them, Inhale them, diffuse them, add a few drops of oil to your pillow to aid sleep, a few drops to a tissue in the car near the vent to aid a calm journey, a few drops on your hand rubbed in and then inhaled to revive, a good one for this would be Lemon or Wild Orange, inhale and enjoy the benefits.
If you have a Lava Rock a few drops on this will give your room a lovely smell, the rock is porous so if placed in the bathroom and the steam of a hot bath works with your chosen oil it is like walking into a Spa.. Lavender would be a wonderful Oil for this, relaxing and calming.
If you are using oils on your body you must always mix with a carrier oil, Coconut, Jojoba, Almond or even Olive oil can be mixed and then massaged into your skin. The roller ball carriers are good to put on pulse points and they help with relaxing, anxiety and sleep.
The following oils are ideal for:
- Bergamot: skin healing and anxiety-reducing.
- Chamomile: cold, fevers and nausea.
- Clove: dental and pain-relieving.
- Eucalyptus: topical pain-reliever and decongestant.
- Frankincense: mood-enhancer and stress-reducer.
- Lavender: calming and sleep-inducing.
- Lemon or Wild Orange: uplifting and positivity
Our Crystal path with MOOand BOOM has been incredible, we have met so many wonderful people who use crystals in their day to day lives. This blog I am focussing on Insomnia as that is where my Crystals come into use. Having struggled with Sleep for many years I have tried numerous ways of enabling sleep, followed all the guidance but still I could wake up at 2am and be ready to do a full days work, sleep eluding me … Crystals have helped in some way to now being able to get back to sleep and the following I would recommend to try if you like me have tried everything !!
These crystals can be placed at the head or foot of the bed or under your pillow, whatever works for you.
- Amythest is extremely beneficial to the mind, coming or stimulating as appropriate. Mentally it calms and synthesises and aids the transmission of neural signal through the brain. It is helpful where insomnia is caused by an overactive mind and protects against recurrent nightmares.
- Lapis Lazuli quickly releases stress, bringing deep peace and serenity. It enhances dream work and psychic abilities, facilitating spiritual journeying. It also stimulates personal and spiritual power.
- Hermatite is particularly effective at grounding and protecting. It harmonizes mind, body and spirit. It is also known to assist with insomnia, as it brings the mind’s attention to basic survival needs and helps to sort out problems of all kinds.
- Celestite imparts gentle strength and enormous inner peace despite urging towards greater openness to new experiences. Mentally, celestite calms and sharpens the mind, disbursing worries and promoting mental clarity. It is an excellent healing stone, dissolving pain and bringing in love.
- Charoite bestows deep sleep with powerful dreams, overcomes insomnia, and gives children calm sleep. This stone also opens and balances the crown chakra. It can bring insightful visions of past lives and suggests ways to redress karma on a personal and collective level.
- Lepidolite is extremely useful in the reduction of stress and depression. It eases obsessive thoughts, relieves despondency, and overcomes insomnia. As a stone of transition, it releases and re-organises old psychological and behavioral patterns, inducing change.
- Sodalite eliminates mental confusion. It calms the mind, allowing new information to be received.
So heading into the end of the year with many of us back at home juggling our day to day as well as the worry of our finances, the mental health of ourselves and our children and the imminent arrival of Christmas I hope some of the Oils and Crystals we stock can help you, reach out and ask for any help, that is why we are here, at MOOand BOOM we are here to listen and when our doors reopen in December we hope you will come and see us so we can share our LOCKDOWN TWO experiences with you and yours with us.
Keep Well, Keep Safe and Be Kind.
Stella (Maddie's Mum)